Great Value ! Went at end of Nov, beginning Dec, Off season, so crowds were smaller. Includes 2 day hop on, hop off. PLUS the night tour, PLUS Sausalito tour, PLUS we went on 2 walking tours - Chinatown & North Beach. Walking tours about 1.5 hours each & well worth it, I'm 66 years old so don't let that stop you.. Added bonus, Big Bus offered a complimentary Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium admisssion (maybe due to off season) which was great. Guides on night tour, hop on hop tour & especially walking tours are very knowlegable & add to enjoyment with stories & jokes. Don't forget to tip a few bucks, these guides earn it. Overall, great way to see the city & gain some knowledge of San Francisco.
Had a great trip round San Francisco, so good we went round several times. The live guide was far better than the pre-recorded guide and if you can see the guide when he is pointing things out that is better still.
It was fun and informative. San Francisco is beautiful!
Great tour around SF
During the day the bus was good however don't expected to be able to get on the night tour without waiting in line for hours. They only run one bus for each night tour (6:30pm, 7pm & 7:30pm) and the buses fill up very quickly (the 6:30pm bus was already full by 6pm).
Difficult to gain seats at some stops as the bus gets full pretty quickly, but for a busy city with a great deal of traffic, it's a good overview sightseeing option.
We hopped on and off a couple of times, all the guides were wonderful, as was the tour. Thank you!
Thank you for making our visit such a great experience!! Our tour, the buses, the workers, everything was sooo good.
The bus trip was great. The $8 savings per ticket was well worth the extra minute it took to exchange online print out for a real ticket at one oft the bus stops.
Our first bus had no tour guide -- just the recorded guide. That wasn't great and we weren't forewarned or advised in advanced. We would have waited for a live tour guide. When we got our second bus we had Blake and he was fantastic, so much so we didn't want to hop off because we were enjoying the tour so much -- 5 stars for Blake and overall experience with a deduction for a bumpy start.
Awesome tour! We especially appreciated Dave the Tour Guide! https://www.facebook.com/tourguidedave/
Good for visitors that do not speak English as they have multi-lingual options. On the other hand, though the stops are fine, we much prefer a living person giving commentary as this is a recorded tour.
SO easy. Great way to see an incredible city. Easily worth the money.
Great tour! Our guide shared lots of interesting information along our route.
I enjoyed the ride and the conductor was great.... I would definitely recommend the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off.....
Loved our tour guide, but disappointed when we got off, and then got back in we had a recording. What's up with that? It was terrible. You should mark the busses that have the live person speaking. I wouldn't do or recommend the audio recording again.
San Francisco City Tour on an Open-Top Double Decker Bus Our best seller - it's a wonderful way to see all the San Francisco attractions and landmarks at your own pace! Extras include four guided walking tours, a panoramic night tour and Sausalito trolley tour plus Free Admission to the Aquarium of the Bay. Free Bike rental and $10.50 Credit at Players Arcade & Grill.
Spend a day in San Francisco sightseeing - your choice of 1-Day or 2-Day passes available! With so many things to do in San Francisco, sit back and enjoy the open top bus ride as you cruise through San Francisco and learn about San Francisco's unique history and beloved landmarks. Hop off at one stop to explore, then hop on the next bus to visit another San Francisco attraction.
You have the choice of a live guide* or a recorded multilingual audio tour in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese), Portuguese. No need to transfer to different buses to see all the sights of San Francisco. An enclosed area of the double decker bus is available on the lower level.
Our San Francisco tour's main highlight is the journey over the famous Golden Gate Bridge and the stunning views back across San Francisco Bay from the North Vista Point (Marin side). Don't forget your camera to help capture some memorable moments! Remember if the weather in San Francisco is foggy it's part of the charm!
You can hop-on and off the bus at many intriguing places, visit attractions, go shopping or to get refreshments before hopping back on-board to continue your tour. 21 Stops at all major San Francisco attractions including:
- Fisherman's Wharf / PIER 39
- North Beach
- Embarcadero & The Ferry Building
- Union Square
- Civic Center - City Hall
- Alamo Square Postcard Row Victorians
- Haight/Ashbury, Golden Gate Park
- Golden Gate Bridge North Vista Point (Marin side)
- Palace of Fine Arts.
View Route Map of the 21 City Tour Stops and Night Tour
(You will receive a printed San Francisco route map at check in to guide your tour.)
Included with all 1 & 2-Day Passes
4 Guided San Francisco Walking Tours*:
- Chinatown Walking Tour: Starts at Stop 6, at 10am & 2pm. The walk lasts about 1.5 hours & finishes at North Beach, Little Italy. Hop-Off the bus at Union Square South for a guided walking tour through the world famous San Francisco Chinatown.
- North Beach Walking Tour: Starts at Stop 3, at 4pm. The walk lasts about 1 hour & finishes at Washington Square. Hop-Off at North Beach, Little Italy for our historic tour of San Francisco’s eclectic North Beach district.
- Fisherman's Wharf: Starts & finishes at Stop 1, at 2pm. The walk lasts about 1 hour. See & learn about the famous sights and the history of Fisherman's Wharf.
- Barbary Coast Walking Tour: Starts & finishes at Stop 4, at 12pm. The walk lasts about 1 hour. Walk through the Financial District and hear about San Francisco’s beginnings and its boom-town growth during the California Gold Rush.
ALSO Included with the 1-Day PREMIUM or 2-Day DELUXE Pass
NIGHT TOUR Includes:
1.5 Hour Panoramic San Francisco Night Tour with live guide narration: Departs from Stop 1, 99 Jefferson/Mason at 6:30pm, 7pm & 7:30pm* (*April - October). Live commentary in English only. See the City from a different perspective! Spectacular nighttime downtown city views. Ascending California Street you’ll be treated to the impressive city skyline and the digital light show on the Bay Bridge. Cross the Bay Bridge to Treasure Island, site of the 1939's World Fair, for a great photo op of San Francisco's evening skyline. The lights and sights of Grace Cathedral, the historical charm of Nob Hill and City Hall. AT&T Park, along the Embarcadero, see the dazzling lights of the Port of San Francisco. Sorry, no Hop On Hop Off on the night tour. Please arrive a minimum of 30 minutes before tour time as seating is first come, first seated.
- An enclosed area of the double decker bus is available on the lower level. A courtesy shuttle back to Union Square will be provided at the end of the tour.
SAUSALITO TROLLEY Tour:
- Explore this quaint seaside town with a Mediterranean appeal and breathtaking views of the San Francisco. Discover distinctive boutiques, art galleries and a variety of restaurants and cafes. A great extra tour is to take the Optional Ferry back across San Francisco Bay to PIER 39 or Port of San Francisco. Purchase tickets at the Ferry terminal in Sausalito!
AQUARIUM OF THE BAY:
- PIER 39's Aquarium of the Bay Admission ($25 Value): Explore below the bay in 4 main exhibit areas. Reach in and touch in the touch pools: sharks, rays, skates, sea stars, sea cumbers and sea anemones. Stroll through the Aquarium's 300 foot of crystal clear underwater tunnel, featuring 20,000 marine animals living below the San Francisco Bay and swimming all around you. The Aquarium's inhabitants ranging from eight-foot native seven gill sharks, to rays, jellies, and even river otters, all of which can be found in the San Francisco Bay or along the California coastline. With a focus on education, conservation, and entertainment, it is the only aquarium dedicated to the diverse marine life and distinctive ecosystems of the Bay and its watershed. Exhibition space is for experiences that invite visitors to both observe and touch pools of the animals on display.
1-Hour Free Bike Rental:
- Receive your first hour free with purchase of additional hour or more of a bike rental.
Players Arcade & Grill:
- Enjoy a pint and have fun at PIER 39's arcade, a $10.50 ticket value- $5.50 beverage credit AND receive a $5.00 Arcade Game Card (with purchase of $5 game card or any appetizer)
*Must activate Hour Hop On Hop Off pass to be eligible for walking tours. Aquarium ticket must be used within 24 and 48 hours of activating Bus Ticket. Approximately 50% of the bus fleet will have live personnel on board for tour narration.
TIP: If time allows, enjoy the 2 1/2 hour tour to get acquainted with the City, then on your 2nd time around hop off at the sights you wish to explore - hop back on the next bus when done!
Customers with printed e-ticket can board at any stop and ride to the Fisherman's Wharf ticket booth - then disembark and go to the ticket counter and present their e-ticket and Valid ID and staff member will exchange the e-ticket for a valid Hop-On Hop-Off ticket. View route map.
Customers without a printed paper e-ticket MUST check in at the Fisherman's Wharf ticket booth to receive their Hop-On Hop-Off tickets. 1st Bus departs at 9:00am. Last bus departs from Fisherman's Wharf at 5:00pm for Full City tour (no Hop-On Hop-Off) - returns approximately 7:30pm.
Your 1-day or 2-day pass is activated on its first use when you check-in with the tour operator. Passes activated after 1pm will also be valid the following day until 1pm.
Must activate your Hop-On Hop-Off pass to be eligible for walking tours & night tours.
Customers will receive the Aquarium of the Bay ticket, the 1 Hour Free Bike Rental voucher and the Player's Arcade voucher at check in at Stop #1 (Big Bus Main Terminal) located in Fisherman's Wharf - 99 Jefferson/Mason. Receive your first hour free with purchase of additional hour or more of a bike rental. Have fun at PIER 39's arcade, a $10.50 ticket value- $5.50 beverage credit AND receive a $5.00 Arcade Game Card (with purchase of $5 game card or any appetizer)
Lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.
- City Tour Loop takes 2 1/2 hours.
Hop-Off, explore and catch the next Hop-On bus.
Buses run frequently 9am-5pm.
Tour operators and GuideYou assume no responsibility for delays caused by weather, breakdowns, traffic, accidents, parades or other conditions beyond control. Times stated are approximate. Tour itinerary subject to change, some sights listed may be omitted due to conditions beyond the tour operators control. Omission of sights or attractions shall not constitute refund.
In the event that the tour company is unable to provide a service throughout the period of the validity of your ticket through circumstances within its control, you shall be entitled to a full or part refund of the price of your ticket. Any application for a refund must be made in writing to Guideyou.com and is subject to approval. The Customer must keep their ticket safe. Customers found travelling without a valid ticket will be charged the full ticket price for a replacement ticket. Lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.
Our Tour Agents on Call 7am-11pm PST - Daily
A $1.50 Per-Ticket Fee for Phone Bookings