We were on a narrated bus with Ray and Chin and loved it. We thought we would get off and on but ended up doing the entire city loop because our girls liked Rays jokes. My husband and I were happy to sit back and enjoy our coffee listening to all the info about the city and taking in the sights from the top of the bus. We liked being able to go to Alcatraz one day and then take the city tour another day so everything wasn’t crammed into one day. And I had emailed in questions prior to arriving in SanFrancisco and they were answered promptly. And when we arrived at the office, it was run very well. My kids are harsh critics and they really liked the Alcatraz and City tour combo.
It was great! The Alcatraz tour was so interesting! Highly recommend the audio tour which is free and narrated by former guards and inmates. Getting our tickets to get on the boat was really easy; we just showed them the emailed ticket we received from Bay City Guide and they said we were in the system. We did the double-decker tour bus the next day, and the guide was funny and very knowledgeable. We didn’t realize it would take us across the Golden Gate Bridge! That was a lot of fun! We will definitely recommend Bay City Guide tours to family and friends traveling to San Francisco! Eric and Jill Peterson East Peoria, IL
It was a fun and interesting tour! Definitely would do again.
Loved it! I booked online with ease and the local staff were organized and informative. A good time was had by all.
Really nice trip. But too many places to see in one day. I believe Alcatraz and city tour should be on separate days...
This was such good value for money and a must do for holiday makers new to San Fran. The bus tour was amazing and our Guide was knowledgeable and funny. He made the tour interesting with lots of interesting facts intermingled with good humour and his own experiences in the area. The bus trip covered a wide variety of areas in San Fran and was a highlight of our trip. Alcatraz was so much more than I expected and I was very impressed with the quality and content of the self guided walking tour. We loved every minute of our time in San Fran and the BayCityGuide.com tour was excellent value and content!!!
Todo muy bien. Los tour caminando no lo pudinos hacer x falta de tiempo. Y el nocturno hacia demasiado frio para irriba quė son las mejores vistas. Aun asi muy bueno.
I dealt with BayCityGuide as no were no Alcatraz ticket available. I will give 5 star for the Alcatraz + Hop On Hop Off tickets. Very smooth process.
We left it too late to buy Alcatraz tickets directly and this was the only site with availability during the few days we were in San Francisco. Hassle free picking up the tickets (some other sites I'd read had people chasing tickets all over the city). Alcatraz tour was fantastic. Bus tour was really good. Busy day doing them both together but thoroughly enjoyed it. On the bus tour it appeared that only every other bus had a live tour guide rather than the recorded headset. If you're an English speaker, try and get a 'live' bus as that was much better.
Alcatraz Ticket & Ferry Ride. Includes, Jailhouse Audio Tour. Package includes, City Tour on Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off 1-Day Classic Pass, 1-Hour Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour, 1.5-Hour Chinatown Walking Tour, 1-Hour North Beach Walking Tour & 1-Hour Barbary Coast Walking Tour.
4-Day Advance Purchase Required - Authorized ALCATRAZ Reseller
Just a 15-minute afternoon ferry ride from Pier 33 brings you to Alcatraz Island, the infamous prison island known as "The Rock", home to the most incorrigible prisoners in America during the mid-20th century. The highlight of this unique and haunting self-guided experience is the award-winning 45-minute cellhouse audio headset tour which details prison life on the Rock (available in 10 languages and included in the price). Close a cell door behind you to get the feel of what life was really like on Alcatraz. Take a photo to post your Facebook status as: "I went to Prison on my Vacation". Alcatraz tour cannot be sold separately (BayCityGuide.com is an authorized reseller of Alcatraz Cruises) - this is a 6-Part package. Alcatraz tour departure and times vary daily and are based upon availability (Alcatraz tickets area generally for an Afternoon Tour); bus tour to be done on the same day as Alcatraz tour and walking tours to be done on another day.
Note: Alcatraz tickets must be purchased 4 days in advance. See SELECT YOUR DATE - shows the next available tour. Calendar shows all other available dates. Tickets sold in this package will be available from the Alcatraz Group Services window at Pier 33 on the day of the tour.
|Buy Tickets||Go to Alcatraz|
Ferry Return times from Alcatraz to Pier 33 (through Nov 4, 2018): 10:25am, 10:50am, 11:25am, 11:55am, 12:20pm, 12:55pm, 1:25pm, 1:55pm, 2:35pm, 3:15pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 4:45pm, 5:15pm, 5:55pm & 6:30pm. Times subject to change without notice.
Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off 1-Day Classic Pass
Open top San Francisco sightseeing tour on a Hop-On Hop-Off Double Decker Bus — a wonderful way to see all the San Francisco attractions and landmarks! You can hop off the bus at many major sights, shop and dine - then hop back on board the next bus to continue your journey. Ride over the fabled Golden Gate Bridge and stop at the other end at North Vista Point (Marin side) with stunning views of the Bridge and City skyline. Hop off and see the Painted Ladies, walk down Lombard Street, eat at Fisherman’s Wharf, visit the Golden Gate Park museums or shop in Haight/Ashbury. Open top hop-on hop-off tours operate from 9am-5pm.
4 WALKING TOURS
- 1.5-Hour Walking Tour of Chinatown: Established in 1850, Chinatown is home to the oldest street in San Francisco; Grant Avenue. Busy markets and restaurants line Grant and Stockton Streets. Historic Portsmouth Square and pagoda tiled roofs throughout Chinatown offer a glimpse into an ancient culture thriving in a modern surrounding. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Tour departs from the southwest corner of Union Square @ Geary and Powell Streets. 10:00am and 2:00pm daily
- 1-Hour Walking Tour of North Beach: This quaint tourist destination known as Little Italy is brimming with Italian restaurants, cafes, al fresco dining, artisan bakeries and shops reminiscent of the sophisticated but unassuming streets in Europe. Bask in the flavors of old world authenticity. Witness the beauty of Saints Peter and Paul Church at Washington Square. Discover the seminal haunts of the Beat Generation. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Departs from the northwest corner of Columbus Ave. and Union St. across from Washington Square. 4:00pm daily
- NEW - 1-Hour Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour: Takes you to all the main attractions of the Wharf area, including Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery & PIER 39. See & learn about the famous sights, food, and the history of Fisherman's Wharf from the Gold rush, through the labor struggles of the 1930’s and the psychedelic explorations of the 1960’s. Departs from the corner of Jefferson St. & Mason St. 2:00pm daily.
- 1 -Hour Walking Tour of Barbary Coast: Enjoy a walk through what used to be San Francisco's notorious Barbary Coast. Hear about the beginning of our City, the Calfornia Gold Rush and the end of the Barbary Coast. See remnants of old ship mast, passageways used for Shanghaiing and the hang outs of famous literary writers. Departs from Clay St. @ Battery St. 12:00pm daily
You may start your 1-Day hop on hop off pass anytime during your trip (before Alcatraz tour or after Alcatraz tour) - once activated, your time period starts.
Must activate your Hop-On Hop-Off pass to be eligible for walking tours. Walking tour must be done during your 24 hour bus pass.
Approximately 1/2 of the bus fleet will have live personnel on board for tour narration.
Tour departure times are subject to change without notice.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years or older. Alcatraz ticket value: dults-$37.25, Senior-$35.25, Junior-$37.25, Child-$23.00, Infant-$0
*Please note: Alcatraz tour tickets cannot be sold separately
This tour does NOT offer hotel pick up.
Want to see Alcatraz at Night? Check out our Alcatraz at Night Tour with 1-Day Hop-On Hop Off Bus Tour
This tour does NOT offer hotel pick up.
ALCATRAZ DATE & TIME: Select the DATE/TIME for your Alcatraz tickets - the DATE/TIME you select is the day/time you will be going to Alcatraz. Your Alcatraz Tickets will by available at on the day of your tour from the Group Services window at Pier 33 on the Embarcadero. Group Services window opens at 8:30am. You must present a valid photo identification.
USING YOUR 1-Day HOP-ON HOP-OFF CLASSIC PASS:
- The bus tours and walking tours are not time sensitive and can be used any day of your choosing, including before the date of your Alcatraz tour.
- Customers with a printed e-ticket and Valid ID can board at any stop and ride to the Fisherman's Wharf ticket booth - then disembark and go to the ticket counter and present their e-ticket and Valid ID and staff member will exchange the e-ticket for a valid Hop-On Hop-Off ticket.
- Customers without a printed e-ticket MUST check in at at Stop #1 (Big Bus Main Terminal) located in Fisherman's Wharf - 99 Jefferson/Mason to receive their Hop-On Hop-Off tickets.
- 1st Bus departs from Fisherman's Wharf at 9:00am. Last bus departs at 5pm and offers no Hop-On Hop-Off service (returns approximately 8:30pm). Your 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off pass is activated on its first use.
Must activate your Hop-On Hop-Off pass to be eligible for walking tours. Walking tour departure times subject to change without notice - please reconfirm times at check in. Passes activated after 1pm will also be valid the following day until 1pm. Walking tour must be done during your 24 hour bus pass.
- This is a 6-Tour package. Comfortable walking shoes advised! Bring a Jacket as the Island and Bay can get Breezy & Cool.
- ALCATRAZ Island Allow 1.5 to 2 Hours or longer-depart when you want(last boat departs island at 6:30pm thru Nov 4, 2018) City Tour - 2.5 Hours; Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour - 1 Hour; Chinatown Walking Tour - 1.5 Hours; North Beach Walking Tour - 1 Hour and Barbary Coast Walking Tour - 1 Hour