We left it too late to buy Alcatraz tickets directly and this was the only site with availability during the few days we were in San Francisco. Hassle free picking up the tickets (some other sites I'd read had people chasing tickets all over the city). Alcatraz tour was fantastic. Bus tour was really good. Busy day doing them both together but thoroughly enjoyed it. On the bus tour it appeared that only every other bus had a live tour guide rather than the recorded headset. If you're an English speaker, try and get a 'live' bus as that was much better.
Great value for the price.
Great value and easy to use! We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon at Alcatraz and the hop on hop off bus tours were wonderfully convenient and informational. Our experience was terrific!
I purchased tickets from Bay City Guide only because the national park services was sold out of Alcatraz tickets. Not knowing the company, I was concerned that I wouldn't get the actual Alcatraz access tickets I wanted, but not only did I get the tickets I wanted but the check in at the national park services kiosk was so easy. The hop on hop off bus was okay, but probably not something I would have done if I didn't need the Alcatraz tickets. Some buses only have a taped guide, not a live guide, which was disappointing. The walking tour we did for the Barbary Coast was only ok, and it was unclear where to meet the guide and we were worried the guide was not coming. If you need Alcatraz tickets, this is a viable option, and for me was worth the cost for that alone. I would rate the whole package, however, as 4 out of 5.
The tour was a great price for everything included! Made playing tourist very easy. However, I felt the wording in the confirmation email was not very clear when compared to what I was told when checking in for our tours. Getting a direct phone number to the office was difficult, but once I got through, the staff was very helpful. We didn't get to take any of our walking tours, but the main tour and Sausalito were great to visit!
We had a great time in SanFrancisco thanks to this package deal. There were so many vendors in SF I'm glad we had our vouchers from Bay City Guide in hand. Everything went as planned and described. A great way to see San Francisco.
Everything went very smoothly!! I could always reach a real person on the phone if I had a question. Very pleased and would use them again.
Was a great value and went well with the tour. would recommend this company to everyone. second time I have used the Big Bus Tour company. Very professional and well trained.
The Alcatraz tour was terrific. The Rangers on the island were very informative and interesting. It was unfortunate that our bus tour took longer than was anticipated and we were not able to stop at the Alcatraz pier at the end and had to walk back from the main bus terminal to the car.
Great experience. Would use them again.
Struggled buying Alcatraz tickets as I left it too late on the official site. I found Bay City Guide who offered the whole package including Alcatraz and the hop on hop off bus service which we wanted to purchase anyway. Amazing experience and easy enough to collect all tickets without any issues. Couldn't recommend enough especially if your struggling to buy Alcatraz tickets which is a must see!
Alcatraz Ticket & Ferry Ride. Includes, Jailhouse Audio Tour. Package includes, City Tour on Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off 1-Day Classic Pass, 1-Hour Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour, 1.5-Hour Chinatown Walking Tour, 1-Hour North Beach Walking Tour & 1-Hour Barbary Coast Walking Tour.
Official Reseller of Alcatraz Island Ferry Ride & Jailhouse Tour
Just a 15-minute afternoon ferry ride from Pier 33 brings you to Alcatraz Island, the infamous prison island known as "The Rock", home to the most incorrigible prisoners in America during the mid-20th century. The highlight of this unique and haunting self-guided experience is the award-winning 45-minute cellhouse audio headset tour which details prison life on the Rock (available in 10 languages and included in the price). Close a cell door behind you to get the feel of what life was really like on Alcatraz. Take a photo to post your Facebook status as: "I went to Prison on my Vacation". Alcatraz tour cannot be sold separately (BayCityGuide.com is an authorized reseller of Alcatraz Cruises) - this is a 6-Part package. Alcatraz tour departure and times vary daily and are based upon availability (Alcatraz tickets area generally for an Afternoon Tour); bus tour to be done on the same day as Alcatraz tour and walking tours to be done on another day.
Note: Alcatraz tickets must be purchased 4 days in advance. See SELECT YOUR DATE - shows the next available tour. Calendar shows all other available dates. Tickets sold in this package will be available from the Alcatraz Group Services window at Pier 33 on the day of the tour.
|Buy Tickets||Go to Alcatraz|
Ferry Return times from Alcatraz to Pier 33
(through November 5, 2017): 10:25am, 10:55am 11:25am, 11:55am, 12:25pm,12:55pm, 1:25pm, 1:55pm, 2:35pm, 3:05pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 5:15pm, 5:55pm & 6:30pm. Times subject to change without notice.
Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off 1-Day Classic Pass
Open top San Francisco sightseeing tour on a Hop-On Hop-Off Double Decker Bus — a wonderful way to see all the San Francisco attractions and landmarks! You can hop off the bus at many major sights, shop and dine - then hop back on board the next bus to continue your journey. Ride over the fabled Golden Gate Bridge and stop at the other end at North Vista Point (Marin side) with stunning views of the Bridge and City skyline. Hop off and see the Painted Ladies, walk down Lombard Street, eat at Fisherman’s Wharf, visit the Golden Gate Park museums or shop in Haight/Ashbury. Open top hop-on hop-off tours operate from 9am-5pm.
4 WALKING TOURS
- 1.5-Hour Walking Tour of Chinatown: Established in 1850, Chinatown is home to the oldest street in San Francisco; Grant Avenue. Busy markets and restaurants line Grant and Stockton Streets. Historic Portsmouth Square and pagoda tiled roofs throughout Chinatown offer a glimpse into an ancient culture thriving in a modern surrounding. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Tour departs from the southwest corner of Union Square @ Geary and Powell Streets. 10:00am and 2:00pm daily
- 1-Hour Walking Tour of North Beach: This quaint tourist destination known as Little Italy is brimming with Italian restaurants, cafes, al fresco dining, artisan bakeries and shops reminiscent of the sophisticated but unassuming streets in Europe. Bask in the flavors of old world authenticity. Witness the beauty of Saints Peter and Paul Church at Washington Square. Discover the seminal haunts of the Beat Generation. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Departs from the northwest corner of Columbus Ave. and Union St. across from Washington Square. 4:00pm daily
- NEW - 1-Hour Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour: Takes you to all the main attractions of the Wharf area, including Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery & PIER 39. See & learn about the famous sights, food, and the history of Fisherman's Wharf from the Gold rush, through the labor struggles of the 1930’s and the psychedelic explorations of the 1960’s. Departs from the corner of Jefferson St. & Mason St. 2:00pm daily.
- 1 -Hour Walking Tour of Barbary Coast: Enjoy a walk through what used to be San Francisco's notorious Barbary Coast. Hear about the beginning of our City, the Calfornia Gold Rush and the end of the Barbary Coast. See remnants of old ship mast, passageways used for Shanghaiing and the hang outs of famous literary writers. Departs from Clay St. @ Battery St. 12:00pm daily
You may start your 1-Day hop on hop off pass anytime during your trip (before Alcatraz tour or after Alcatraz tour) - once activated, your time period starts.
Must activate your Hop-On Hop-Off pass to be eligible for walking tours & night tours.
Approximately 1/2 of the bus fleet will have live personnel on board for tour narration.
Tour departure times are subject to change without notice.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years or older. Alcatraz ticket value: dults-$37.25, Senior-$35.25, Junior-$37.25, Child-$23.00, Infant-$0
*Please note: Alcatraz tour tickets cannot be sold separately
CLICK calendar for Labor Day dates, September 1 - 4
This tour does NOT offer hotel pick up.
Want to see Alcatraz at Night? Check out our Alcatraz at Night Tour with 1-Day Hop-On Hop Off Bus Tour
This tour does NOT offer hotel pick up.
ALCATRAZ DATE & TIME: Select the DATE/TIME for your Alcatraz tickets - the DATE/TIME you select is the day/time you will be going to Alcatraz. Your Alcatraz Tickets will by available at on the day of your tour from the Group Services window at Pier 33 on the Embarcadero. Group Services window opens at 8:30am. You must present a valid photo identification.
USING YOUR 1-Day HOP-ON HOP-OFF CLASSIC PASS:
- The bus tours and walking tours are not time sensitive and can be used any day of your choosing, including before the date of your Alcatraz tour.
- Customers with a printed e-ticket and Valid ID can board at any stop and ride to the Fisherman's Wharf ticket booth - then disembark and go to the ticket counter and present their e-ticket and Valid ID and staff member will exchange the e-ticket for a valid Hop-On Hop-Off ticket.
- Customers without a printed e-ticket MUST check in at at Stop #1 (Big Bus Main Terminal) located in Fisherman's Wharf - 99 Jefferson/Mason to receive their Hop-On Hop-Off tickets.
- 1st Bus departs from Fisherman's Wharf at 9:00am. Last bus departs at 5pm and offers no Hop-On Hop-Off service (returns approximately 8:30pm). Your 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off pass is activated on its first use.
Must activate your Hop-On Hop-Off pass to be eligible for walking tours & night tours. Walking tour departure times subject to change without notice - please reconfirm times at check in. Passes activated after 1pm will also be valid the following day until 1pm.
- This is a 6-Tour package. Comfortable walking shoes advised! Bring a Jacket as the Island and Bay can get Breezy & Cool.
- ALCATRAZ Island Allow 1.5 to 2 Hours or longer-depart when you want(last boat departs island at 6:30pm thru November 5, 2017) City Tour - 2.5 Hours; Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour - 1 Hour; Chinatown Walking Tour - 1.5 Hours; North Beach Walking Tour - 1 Hour and Barbary Coast Walking Tour - 1 Hour