Such a great experience! This was such a great price, and the process was easy. I would definitely recommend to a family or friend.
The Alcatraz Night tour was outstanding. From the great views on the ride out to the island, the informative audio on the walking tour and the great lectures from the Alcatraz staff it became a wonderful evening for me and my family. M. Anderson
We purchased 4 Alcatraz/Big Bus Hop On/Off bundle tickets for our recent trip to San Francisco. We reserved the tickets online prior to our trip with Online Chat help from Katie. the tickets were waiting for us when we arrived! We had a great time and would recommend Bay City to anyone looking for great service! Thanks for your help - you made our trip much easier!
Had an amazing time!!! Great deal!!! The on and off bus tour guide named Soda Pop was so informative and had a great personality.
This was such a great purchase. We cut our bus tour short to rent bikes, which was offered at a discounted price on the city bus tour, and bikes across the Golden Gate. Last time I tried to get Alcatraz tickets it was sold out so I was thrilled to get them this time. The tour was so interesting, we didn’t want to leave!
Money well spent. Found this while searching how to get Alxatraz tickets when they were sold out. Got the combo big bus and Alcatraz at night tour. Loved being able to hop on and off the bus. Wish the stops were better marked, sometimes it was questionable where we needed to be to catch the bus. Otherwise great. And the Alcatraz tour was amazing, a definite highlight.
I would definitely recommend this trip. We did the 3.50pm Alcatraz tour (night trip) and it was really interesting but it would have been better if the return boat was about 30-40 mins sooner as 2.5 hours is too long to spend on the island and it gets very cold. The bus tour was brilliant. A great way to see the city in a short amount of time. Our guide was called Anthony and he was hilarious but informative at the same time. He made friendly jokes about the passengers and everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves.
I searched all over the internet to find last minute Alcatraz Night Tour tickets and Bay City Guide was the only site that had them available less than a week before my trip. The Alcatraz Night Tour was great and the San Francisco Big Bus City Tour was better than expected! I picked up my Alcatraz tickets right at Pier 33 and showed my online order with Bay City Guide to Big City Bus and the driver printed out my all day voucher on the spot. Great experience, would recommend!
The bus tour was great, took us to all the spots that were on our list as vacationers. The Alcatraz night tour was amazing. Alcatraz is a must do if you're visiting.
Our Big Bus tour was nice & the guides were helpful. Alcatraz was awesome & a must see in San Fransico! The city itself, in my opinion, has a homeless problem.
The hop on hop off tour was great but it was difficult to hear the tour guide when sitting on the lower level. Both tour guide and the recorded audio tour were audible at the same time neither of them very clear.
For SOLD OUT DATES and other dates/ times please visit GuideYou.com
Take a rare visit to Alcatraz Island after dark with our ALCATRAZ at Night + 1-Day Classic Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour Package! Limited to just a few hundred guests per evening, the Alcatraz at Night Tour offers exclusive programs, presentations and activities not available during the day.
Your evening ferry ride from Pier 33 to Alcatraz includes a special live narrated cruise around the entire island. Once the ferry docks at Alcatraz, there’s a live guided tour to the main cellhouse where the award-winning audio tour begins (included in price/offered in 10 languages). As you’re guided around the prison by headset, listen to the actual voices of the former guards and prisoners who tell stories of their years The Rock. Be sure and step into a cell and take a photo of “the night you went to jail."
Docents give unique presentations and demonstrations though out the night with opportunities to ask questions.
Note: Alcatraz tickets must be purchased 4 days in advance. Tickets sold in this package will be available from the Alcatraz Group Services window at Pier 33 on the day of the tour.
Departure Time to Pier 33 thru Nov 4, 2018:
The return times are 8:40pm & 9:25pm
|Buy Tickets||Go to Alcatraz|
Your Alcatraz Night Tour Ticket is packaged with our popular Big Bus Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off 1-Day Classic Bus Pass!
1-Day ClassicPass - Open top San Francisco sightseeing tour on a Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Double Decker Bus — a wonderful way to see all the San Francisco attractions and landmarks! You can hop off the bus at many major sights, shop and dine - then hop back on board the next bus to continue your journey. Ride over the fabled Golden Gate Bridge and stop at the other end at North Vista Point (Marin side) with stunning views of the Bridge and City skyline. Hop off and see the Painted Ladies, walk down Lombard Street, eat at Fisherman’s Wharf, visit the Golden Gate Park museums or shop in Haight/Ashbury. Open top hop-on hop-off tours operate from 9am-5pm.
4 Walking Tours
- 1.5 -Hour Walking Tour of Chinatown: Established in 1850, Chinatown is home to the oldest street in San Francisco; Grant Avenue. Busy markets and restaurants line Grant and Stockton Streets. Historic Portsmouth Square and pagoda tiled roofs throughout Chinatown offer a glimpse into an ancient culture thriving in a modern surrounding. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Tour departs from the southwest corner of Union Square @ Geary and Powell Streets. 10:00am and 2:00pm daily
- 1 -Hour Walking Tour of North Beach: This quaint tourist destination known as Little Italy is brimming with Italian restaurants, cafes, al fresco dining, artisan bakeries and shops reminiscent of the sophisticated but unassuming streets in Europe. Bask in the flavors of old world authenticity. Witness the beauty of Saints Peter and Paul Church at Washington Square. Discover the seminal haunts of the Beat Generation. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Departs from the northwest corner of Columbus Ave. and Union St. across from Washington Square. 4:00pm daily
NEW - 1 -Hour Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour: Takes you to all the main attractions of the Wharf area, including Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery & PIER 39. See & learn about the famous sights, food, and the history of Fisherman's Wharf from the Gold rush, through the labor struggles of the 1930’s and the psychedelic explorations of the 1960’s. Departs from the corner of Jefferson St. & Mason St. 2:00pm daily
- 1 -Hour Walking Tour of Barbary Coast: Enjoy a walk through what used to be San Francisco's notorious Barbary Coast. Hear about the beginning of our City, the Calfornia Gold Rush and the end of the Barbary Coast. See remnants of old ship mast, passageways used for Shanghaiing and the hang outs of famous literary writers. Departs from Clay St. @ Battery St. 12:00pm daily
You may start your 1-Day hop on hop off pass anytime during your trip (before Alcatraz tour or after Alcatraz tour) - once activated, your time period starts.
Must activate Hour Hop On Hop Off pass to be eligible for Walking tours. Approximately 1/2 of the bus fleet will have live personnel on board for tour narration.
Tour departure times are subject to change without notice.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years or older. Alcatraz ticket value: Adults-$44.25, Senior-$41.25, Junior-$43.25,& Child-$26.50. Children 4 & under are free.
*Please note: Alcatraz tour tickets cannot be sold separately - this is an 6-Tour Package. GuideYou.com is an Authorized Reseller for Alcatraz Island Tours.
For SOLD OUT Dates & other dates/ times please visit GuideYou.com
This tour does NOT offer hotel pick up.
ALCATRAZ DATE & TIME: Select the DATE/TIME for your Alcatraz tickets - the DATE/TIME you select is the day/time you will be going to Alcatraz. Your Alcatraz Tickets will by available at on the day of your tour from the Group Services window at Pier 33 on the Embarcadero. Group Services window opens at 8:30am. You must present a valid photo identification.
USING YOUR 1-Day HOP-ON HOP-OFF CLASSIC PASS:
- The bus tours and walking tours are not time sensitive and can be used any day of your choosing, including before the date of your Alcatraz tour.
- Customers with a printed e-ticket and Valid ID can board at any stop and ride to the Fisherman's Wharf ticket booth - then disembark and go to the ticket counter and present their e-ticket and Valid ID and staff member will exchange the e-ticket for a valid Hop-On Hop-Off ticket.
- Customers without a printed e-ticket MUST check in at at Stop #1 (Big Bus Main Terminal) located in Fisherman's Wharf - 99 Jefferson/Mason to receive their Hop-On Hop-Off tickets.
- 1st Bus departs from Fisherman's Wharf at 9:00am. Last bus departs at 5pm and offers no Hop-On Hop-Off service (returns approximately 8:30pm). Your 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off pass is activated on its first use.
Must activate your Hop-On Hop-Off pass to be eligible for walking tours. Walking tour departure times subject to change without notice - please reconfirm times at check in. Passes activated after 1pm will also be valid the following day until 1pm.
Select Your ALCATRAZ Tour Date and Time for your Alcatraz tour!
- Select Your ALCATRAZ Tour Date and Time for your Alcatraz tour!
- Meals and gratuity not included unless otherwise stated
- Dress code: please refer to the FAQ section for general information. Dress Warm - your on the Bay
- ALCATRAZ Island Allow 2.5 to 3 Hours(Return boat departs island at 6:45pm thru March 11, 2018) City Tour - 2.5 Hours; Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour - 1 Hour; Chinatown Walking Tour - 1.5 Hours; North Beach Walking Tour - 1 Hour and Barbary Coast Walking Tour - 1 Hour