Take a rare visit to Alcatraz Island after dark with our ALCATRAZ at Night + 1-Day Premium Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour Package! Limited to just a few hundred guests per evening, the Alcatraz at Night Tour offers exclusive programs, presentations and activities not available during the day.
Your evening ferry ride from Pier 33 to Alcatraz includes a special live narrated cruise around the entire island. Once the ferry docks at Alcatraz, there’s a live guided tour to the main cellhouse where the award-winning audio tour begins (included in price/offered in 10 languages). As you’re guided around the prison by headset, listen to the actual voices of the former guards and prisoners who tell stories of their years The Rock. Be sure and step into a cell and take a photo of “the night you went to jail."
Docents give unique presentations and demonstrations though out the night with opportunities to ask questions.
Note: Alcatraz tickets must be purchased 4 days in advance. Tickets sold in this package will be available from the Alcatraz Group Services window at Pier 33 on the day of the tour.
Departure Time to Pier 33
Winter: For the 3:50pm Night Tour, the departure time to Pier 33 is 6:40pm.
Spring/Summer: For the 5:55pm & 6:30pm Night Tours, the departure time to Pier 33 is 8:45pm or 9:30pm.
|Buy Tickets||Go to Alcatraz|
Your Alcatraz Night Tour Ticket is packaged with our popular Big Bus Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off 1-Day Premium Bus Pass!
1-Day Premium Pass - Open top San Francisco sightseeing tour on a Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Double Decker Bus — a wonderful way to see all the San Francisco attractions and landmarks! You can hop off the bus at many major sights, shop and dine - then hop back on board the next bus to continue your journey. Ride over the fabled Golden Gate Bridge and stop at the other end at North Vista Point (Marin side) with stunning views of the Bridge and City skyline. Hop off and see the Painted Ladies, walk down Lombard Street, eat at Fisherman’s Wharf, visit the Golden Gate Park museums or shop in Haight/Ashbury. Open top hop-on hop-off tours operate from 9am-6pm.
4 Walking Tours
- 1.5 -Hour Walking Tour of Chinatown: Established in 1850, Chinatown is home to the oldest street in San Francisco; Grant Avenue. Busy markets and restaurants line Grant and Stockton Streets. Historic Portsmouth Square and pagoda tiled roofs throughout Chinatown offer a glimpse into an ancient culture thriving in a modern surrounding. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Tour departs from the southwest corner of Union Square @ Geary and Powell Streets. 10:00am and 2:00pm daily
- 1 -Hour Walking Tour of North Beach: This quaint tourist destination known as Little Italy is brimming with Italian restaurants, cafes, al fresco dining, artisan bakeries and shops reminiscent of the sophisticated but unassuming streets in Europe. Bask in the flavors of old world authenticity. Witness the beauty of Saints Peter and Paul Church at Washington Square. Discover the seminal haunts of the Beat Generation. Wear comfortable shoes. Some moderate hills. Departs from the northwest corner of Columbus Ave. and Union St. across from Washington Square. 4:00pm daily
NEW - 1 -Hour Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour: Takes you to all the main attractions of the Wharf area, including Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery & PIER 39. See & learn about the famous sights, food, and the history of Fisherman's Wharf from the Gold rush, through the labor struggles of the 1930’s and the psychedelic explorations of the 1960’s. Departs from the corner of Jefferson St. & Mason St. 11:00am and 2:00pm daily
- 1 -Hour Walking Tour of Barbary Coast: Enjoy a walk through what used to be San Francisco's notorious Barbary Coast. Hear about the beginning of our City, the Calfornia Gold Rush and the end of the Barbary Coast. See remnants of old ship mast, passageways used for Shanghaiing and the hang outs of famous literary writers. Departs from Clay St. @ Battery St. 12:00pm daily
Exclusive Upgrades with 1-Day Premium Pass:
- 2-Hour Panoramic San Francisco Night Tour* with live guide narration: Departs from Stop 1 at 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm* (*April - October). A courtesy shuttle back to Union Square will be provided at the end of the tour. Live commentary in English. See the City from a different perspective! Spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge from Marina Green and Crissy Fields. Ascending California Street you’ll be treated to the impressive city skyline and the lights of the Bay Bridge, the sights of Grace Cathedral and the historical charm of Nob Hill. AT&T Park, along the Embarcadero, see the dazzling lights of the Port of San Francisco (a $30 value if purchased separately). Sorry, no Hop On Hop Off on the night tour.
- 1-Hour Free Bike Rental: Receive your first hour free with purchase of additional hour or more of a bike rental.
- Players Arcade & Grill: Enjoy a pint and have fun at PIER 39's arcade, a $10.50 ticket value!
How to Take These Tours:
- Day 1: City Tour & Alcatraz;
- Day 2: Chinatown Walking / North Beach Walking Tour / Barbary Coast Tour & Fisherman's Wharf Tour, continue your hop-on hop-off adventure.
- Please allow up to 2.5 hours for the full City Tour depending upon possible traffic delays (this does not include hop-off time at stops)
Walking tours and Night Tour* are available for 7 days after activation of your 1-Day Premium Hour Hop On Hop Off pass. Must activate Hour Hop On Hop Off pass to be eligible for Walking tours. Approximately 1/2 of the bus fleet will have live personnel on board for tour narration.
Tour departure times and package options are subject to change without notice.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Alcatraz ticket value: Adults-$44.25, Senior-$41.25, Junior-$43.25, Child-$26.50, Infant-$0
*Please note: Alcatraz tour tickets cannot be sold separately
This tour does NOT offer hotel pick up.
ALCATRAZ DATE & TIME: Select the DATE/TIME for your Alcatraz tickets - the DATE/TIME you select is the day/time you will be going to Alcatraz. Your Alcatraz Tickets will by available at on the day of your tour from the Group Services window at Pier 33 on the Embarcadero. Group Services window opens at 8:30am. You must present a valid photo identification.
USING YOUR HOP-ON 1-DAY PREMIUM HOP-OFF PASS:
- The bus tours and walking tours are not time sensitive and can be used any day of your choosing, including before the date of your Alcatraz tour. The night tour and the walking tours are available for 7 days from activation date of your Hop On Hop Off pass.
- Customers with a printed e-ticket and Valid ID can board at any stop and ride to the Fisherman's Wharf ticket booth - then disembark and go to the ticket counter and present their e-ticket and Valid ID and staff member will exchange the e-ticket for a valid Hop-On Hop-Off ticket.
- Customers without a printed e-ticket MUST check in at at Stop #1 (Big Bus Main Terminal) located in Fisherman's Wharf - 99 Jefferson/Mason to receive their Hop-On Hop-Off tickets.
- 1st Bus departs from Fisherman's Wharf at 9:00am. Last bus departs at 5pm and offers no Hop-On Hop-Off service (returns approximately 8:30pm). Your 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off pass is activated on its first use.
HOW TO TAKE THE TOURS: Begin your 1-Day Premium Pass at any time, the walking tours tours are available for 7 days from activation date of your Hop On Hop Off pass. To complete all the activities included in this package the Alcatraz Tour & bus tour should be done on one day and the walking tours on the next.
Tour departure times subject to change without notice - please reconfirm times at check in.
Select Your ALCATRAZ Tour Date and Time for your Alcatraz tour!
- Select Your ALCATRAZ Tour Date and Time for your Alcatraz tour!
- Meals and gratuity not included unless otherwise stated
- Dress code: please refer to the FAQ section for general information. Dress Warm - your on the Bay
- ALCATRAZ Island Allow 2.5 to 3 Hours(last boat departs island at 9:30pm thru Nov 5, 2017) City Tour - 2.5 Hours; Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour - 1 Hour; Chinatown Walking Tour - 1.5 Hours; North Beach Walking Tour - 1 Hour and Barbary Coast Walking Tour - 1 Hour